Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Student Blurbs

We recently had a check in phone call with the Bridge Peru group and they have been having lots of fun! They also sent in about 100 new pictures, don't forget to check them out! (slideshow of the pictures is in the right-hand column). Instead of the leaders writing blurbs about each of the students, Darren and Nayeli had them write messages directly to all of you. Enjoy!

Student Messages:

Matt – “Hola! I am having a great time in Peru. I am bonding well, and am attempting to pick up Spanish. I have tried many new foods & drinks. I miss you.”

Andrew – “Peru is going great, the people and food here are amazing. Everything we’ve done has left a good imprint in my mind. The things that we do are turning out as planned if not better.”

Ryan – “Peru is interesting and has a lot of historical ruins. I like Peru a lot, I am learning a lot of Peru’s history. What’s up Mom and Dad?”

Tara – “I love all the people here and am really enjoying seeing the completely different culture. The people are so interesting and live without our modern conveniences. The landscape is absolutely spectacular and I can’t stop taking pictures. I’m really enjoying myself.”

Kaleigh – “Hey Mom, Fitz, Pipo, Margaret, EJ, Charlie, Emma, and Tommy! I bet you’re having a blast at Interlocken, and I’m having a fantastical time in Peru making new friends, eating different foods, visiting Inca ruins, and improving my Spanish. Can’t wait to see you at camp!”

Sylvia – “Hi Mom and Dad! I’m having a great time in Peru and I like everything, especially the food. I’m learning a lot of Spanish, and the community service is great. My homestay family is really nice and their dogs remind me of Ziggy. I hope you’re having fun back home!”

Kathryn – “Hey Mom, Dad, & blog-readers! I’m having so much fun. I love Peru and everyone on the trip. I have even learned to enjoy eggs. Hope all is well. Miss you guys!”

Kyle – “Hey Mom & Dad, Peru is awesome. It’s awesome waking up with giant mountains outside your window.”

Eva – “Hi America, having fun here in Peru, I miss all y’all, Adios!”

Nancy – “Hi! Peru is beautiful and I’m having a great time. I love the people here and in my group. I’m really excited to go to Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca. I’m doing great. Homestays are so much fun and I love the food here. I love you guys and miss you lots. Yay.”

Beryl – “Hi Mom and Pops. Peru is Amazing! I love the people: my host family, and the people in the group. I love it so much. I may never come home! So in case I never see you again, love you both.”

Antoinette – “Hi! Hola! Bye! Adios!”